University of Northern British Columbia – $200,105
January 28, 2021
- Investigate the performance of recently developed high-performance CLT shear wall connections when tested in multi-storey platform-type construction.
- Develop point-supported CLT floor systems to a larger grid and reduce the material costs of a mass timber building project.
- Address the design challenges in controlling human-induced vibration of mass timber floors and support the development of vibration design guidance for mass timber floor systems.
- Develop a dynamic modelling method for the vibration design of tall mass-timber buildings.
- Investigate the fire performance of archetypical tall timber buildings with mass timber cores after the occurrence of a design-level seismic event.
- Examine the applicability of proposed structural connections in tall timber buildings and develop design recommendations for buildings located in seismic areas such as Victoria and Vancouver.
- Investigate the feasibility of vacuum press technology for small and mid-sized BC companies to manufacture mass-timber panels.