Key International Markets
Foreign markets are of vital importance to B.C.’s forest industry, as the majority of wood products produced in the province are destined for export markets. FII works in collaboration with the forest industry, research institutions and other stakeholders to deliver innovative, forward-looking programming that responds to today’s domestic and international market dynamics, as well as tomorrow’s challenges and opportunities.
In support of international market development, FII focuses on:
- researching opportunities in new and emerging markets, and initiating early market exploration activities;
- supporting industry trade associations in developing and/or expanding markets and market segments for B.C. forest products;
- supporting industry efforts to mitigate market access and plant health issues;
- on behalf of the forest sector, managing outreach and relationship building with Chinese authorities and central government agencies; and
- undertaking early-stage market development in India.