FII is governed by a Board of Directors that is accountable to the B.C. Minister of International Trade. The Government appoints the Board to set operational policy for the organization and, in cooperation with senior management, to set strategic direction. The Board also monitors FII’s performance based on the Province’s planning and reporting principles. The Minister provides annual direction to the Board through issuing a mandate letter (signed copy on file with FII).
The Board is responsible for appointing the Chief Executive Officer and for overseeing FII’s policies, priorities and strategies.
The Board of Directors operates according to six guiding principles related to:
- stewardship, leadership and effective functioning of the Board;
- clarity of roles and responsibilities;
- openness, trust and transparency;
- service and corporate citizenship;
- accountability and performance; and
- value, innovation and continuous improvement.
Board and CEO
British Columbia’s Board Resourcing and Development Office maintains Governance and Disclosure Guidelines for Governing Boards of British Columbia Public Sector Organizations. The guidelines recommend posting of the information available at the following links. FII’s governance information may be updated at any time without notice and should be read with that in mind.
- Board of Directors Terms of Reference
- Guidelines for Individual Directors
- Responsibilities of the Board Chair
- Audit Committee Terms of Reference
- Audit Committee Membership Roster
- Chief Executive Officer Job Description
- Board of Directors Biographies
- Status of Concurrence With Best Practices Guidelines
- Corporate Governance Guiding Principles